My Photo
Name:
Location: El Paso, Texas, United States

Thursday, August 18, 2005


Today I would like to introduce an ongoing project of mine. That small strip of knitting in the photograph is someday going to be part of the Cabled Afghan that I'm knitting. The blanket is knit in 9 strips with different cabled patterns that you later stitch together. It is a great portable project, but the seaming will probably be a nightmare. The pattern I'm using is from a 1984 issue of Woman's Day magazine, which means that the pattern is only a few years younger than me! I am using Lion Brand Alpaka-- my mother generously un-stashed this yarn for me. The picture doesn't show the three cables very well-- but you can at least get an idea of what they look like. The ball of yarn in the picture is only the second one I've knit up so far-- my goal is to finish this second ball today when I go to the knitting group. I guess I'd better get going with my errands so I can make it to knitting this afternoon! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home