My Photo
Name:
Location: El Paso, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 13, 2005


I knit a sock! I knit a sock! My first sock! Overall, I am very happy with the results of my first sock. Note, that is just one sock-- I still have to knit the other one! Turning the heel was far easier than I expected-- I only encountered two problems: 1) somehow I have a small hole in the heel-- it looks like a dropped stitch but I didn't drop any stitches. I'll be able to sew up the hole invisibly, but I'm still upset that it is there. 2) this problem is a little larger. Once I had turned the heel, I didn't like the way it felt to knit in the round with more stitches on the instep needle than on the other two needles... so, I just put an equal number of stitches on each needle. This solution caused my toe decreases to be in the wrong place-- they're on top of my toes instead of on the sides! Oops! Oh well, I plan on making my other sock to match! My next pair of socks will be better.  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home